Hiring a Commercial Clearance Company
Posted on 28/10/2020
How to Hiring a Commercial Clearance Company
If you have had a house clearance or general property clearance, there may be a big question mark as to what to do with all the junk and rubbish that is left over. Don’t just let the rubbish sit there and become a feature of your home. Rather, act fast and hire a professional clearing service to quickly and efficiently deal with the rubbish removal so that you don’t have to.
Firstly consider the 4 ‘Rs’ of hiring a commercial clearance company:
1. Recommendations: where possible, get recommendations for a clearance company. Ask around with your family, friends, co-workers, or neighbours to see if they have hired clearing services before. Getting a personal recommendation is the best way to get raw and honest feedback about a company’s services.
2. Reputation: you want to hire a company with a good and positive reputation. You can generally tell this by their website. Pay attention to how professional it looks. The contact information should be easy to locate, there should be a list of easy to access services, and you should get a general professional feel from the website. Also read the client feedback, both positive and negative, attentively to better understand what others have thought of the company.
3. Rapport: customer service should be the number one focus of a good clearance company. When you call the customer service representative or send an email, pay attention to the type of responses you get. You want to get a positive vibe and feel that your questions and inquiries are welcomed. If the responses seem short or impatient, this is a good sign to look for another company. You are entitled to ask as many questions as you need and the company should be happy to provide detailed answers.
4. Rates: you want to get the best value for money out of this clearance service. Check the rates on the website and when making your inquiries, get a detailed quote. It is important that you provide the company with as much detail about the clearance task you have, for example give an estimate of how much you need removed from your home. This allows the company to give a thorough quote.
Next, take some of these other details into account so that you are fully prepared to hire a commercial clearance company:
- Legality: a reputable company will adhere to certain legal guidelines and frameworks. Before hiring a company, make sure they are insured and happy to provide details of their insurance policies. This is important to protect yourself against accidental damage or injury to the team members while lifting and organising the items onto the removal truck or van.
- Professionalism: you want reliable and professional staff members to do the clearance task. You can check this by looking at images on the website. The staff members should be well presented, in uniform, and should have information available on their training and certification in the clearance field.
- Equipment: the company should have quality moving equipment, such as trolleys and ties to properly load the items for clearance into their van. If you can’t find details of what equipment and resources they use, you should ask when making inquiries. It is important that the company has the right type of equipment and that the staff members are properly trained in how to use this, as well as correct lifting and shifting techniques.