As per the Data Protection Act of 1998, London House Clearance is the controller of the data.
What information is collected
1. What follows is a list of potential data that we may collect and process:
• 1.1 Information that you have provided to us via multiple means. This includes: the forms on our website www.londonhouseclearance.co.uk, information that's collected on our app (including when you download the app), when you submit a booking enquiry via our website/app/email and when you request additional services from us or report a problem. This information may include; your name, home address, email address, telephone number, age, username, password, other registration information, financial information (like credit/debit card information), your personal description, other details about your home/business, any photographs of said property that you provide to us, and any pet(s) you have.
• 1.2 If you contact us, we reserve the right to keep a record of the details of correspondence.
• 1.3 Information that we collect through research surveys (response to them is completely optional).
• 1.4 Technical information that we automatically collect when you visit our website or use our app. This includes the type of mobile device, mobile phone network, the mobile operating system/internet browser and time zone.
• 1.5 Information collected from your computer. This includes the IP address, the type of internet browser and operating system. We report this to our advertisers and system administration and all data collected is purely statistical data that doesn't tie anything/identify individuals.
• 1.6 Detailed information on what parts of our website/our app have been accessed. This includes data on traffic to our site, location specific data, web blogs and what resources were accessed. This is required for billing purposes unless otherwise stated.
• 1.7 Our app uses GPS/similar location technology to collect information about your current location so that we can provide location specific services.
• 1.8 Information gathered about you from third parties.
The cookies that we use
2. Here are the terms and conditions that apply to data storage:
• 2.1 Any data that we collect from you may be transferred and stored at a destination in the EEA (European Economic Area). This data may be processed by staff members outside of the EEA, but only ones who work for us or our suppliers. This information includes booking and payment details, and will be used to provide support services. When you submit your personal data to us, you agree to these transferring, storing and processing terms.
• 2.2 All of the information that is stored is done so through secure servers. All credit card details are SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encrypted. However, you are responsible for keeping your password(s) confidential.
• 2.3 When data is transmitted through the internet, it is not completely secure. We take the protection of your data seriously, but we cannot guarantee that the data transmission security. Because of this, any transmission made is done so at the user's risk.
How your information is used
3. Your information may be used by us or our relevant third-party partners. Here's how:
• 3.1 When we use your information, we use it to:
◦ 3.1.1 Make sure that our website/app content is properly presented and formatted on your computer or device.
◦ 3.1.2 Properly manage your booking enquiries and to arrange the relevant services.
◦ 3.1.3 So that we can carry out the contract obligations that we've made.
◦ 3.1.4 Allow you easy access to our interactive services.
◦ 3.1.5 Notify you about changes we've made to the website/app/available services.
◦ 3.1.6 Enable us or selected third parties to provide you with information regarding our goods and services that may be of interest to you. This service can be opted out of by simply contacting us via our contact details.
• 3.2 The data that we may share with your allocated service provider may consist of:
◦ 3.2.1 Your name, home address(es) and contact details.
◦ 3.2.2 Relevant details about the services you require, your property and the photographs you have provided.
◦ 3.2.3 The quote we've provided to you. (Non-binding)
◦ 3.2.4 Information about your payment details.
How and where we disclose your information
4. When we disclose your information, here is how we go about it:
• 4.1 As defined in section 1159 of the UL Companies Act 2006, we may disclose any personal information we receive to any member of our group.
• 4.2 Here is some relevant information about our third-party disclosure policies:
◦ 4.2.1 If/when we buy or sell any business or business assets we may disclose your personal data to the potential buyer/seller.
◦ 4.2.2 If London House Clearance or any of its assets are acquired by a third party, the personal data that we hold about our customers will be transferred.
Your rights include
5. Here are the rights that you have with regards to our policies.
• 5.1 You may refuse the procession of personal data for the purposes of marketing.
• 5.2 The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access any information that we may hold about you.
With regards to third-party websites